Happy Christmas


 It’s Christmas Eve, and in typical Riley fashion everyone is still awake!!!!! My dad is stopping with us so in a rare occurrence Matthew is enjoying my company instead of VR. Making the most of it, he’ll be away before I know it. 

Watched the latest James Bond film and nommed on Chinese , seems to be a little tradition of ours. 

It makes me remember my Christmases and the little things me and my sisters did. We were never well off, in a money sense, but we always had a fabulous Christmas. Mum and dad made it magical and we always had nice presents. Christmas Eve started it with our new pyjamas and early Christmas morning very early Christmas morning, 3am early Christmas morning we played ip dip between the 3 of us to see who would go ask if it was time to get up. I don’t know how it worked but it always landed on Annette our younger sister. Funny that. 

Well that never worked, hissed at to go back to sleep, which we did for ages we then plotted the next plan. At 4am we decided carolling was perfect. Rachel was an absolute pro on the recorder, Mr Gordon’s recorder group obviously helped here, so she tooted Jingle Bells whilst we sang sweetly along. I think even next door appreciated our beautiful serenade. We were pretty impressive singing it with a crescendo on each chorus. Well we thought we were. But it worked 🤣🤣

Our grandparents joined us for Christmas Lunch. A fine spread and then we had more relations join at tea time where we sat down to a ‘choosy tea’. Cold salads, pies, ham, turkey, trifle and Christmas cake was eaten, despite the huge dinner we’d had only a few hours earlier. We slept well Christmas Day night, purely due to being so full of food of course, nothing to do with the morning antics. 

Now thankfully my children have not inherited that behaviour. For the last few years we’ve had to wake them, probably because they won’t go to sleep til very late. Like now, go to sleeeeeeep. 

I hope you have a lovely Christmas x


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas 2021

Time gone by